A Tape Machine For A New DAW Era
Tape recordings have a musical quality that digital mixes often lack. We wanted to bring this quality into the DAW in the most uncompromising way.
Sonically, TAIP offers a faithful, AI-based, emulation of a 1971 European tape machine. Our plugin will add the same harmonic richness and non-linear magic as the hardware. But feature-wise, we’ve taken the liberty to go one step further: TAIP comes packaged with a set of innovative sound-design parameters that let you go from just ‘tape’ to ‘beyond tape’.
The result is a happy marriage between classic sound and modern versatility. And we encourage you to drive it hard!
TAIP’s most important parameter - add a subtle touch of warmth or extreme saturation (or anything in between).
Run your tape in parallel. Or combine the “Wear” and “Mix” parameters to create tape flanging.
”Single” brings you one tape emulation, while “Dual” combines two in a series.
Lo / Hi-Shape:
Saturates the low/high end more or less than the rest of the frequency spectrum.
Exaggerates the compression effect that naturally occurs in tape recordings.
Adds more tape noise – or removes it entirely.
Brings back the brightness that gets lost on tape recordings.
Recreates the instabilities of a worn-out tape machine.
Lets you distort the signal more - or less - without affecting the output level.
Lets you add more drive while keeping a consistent plugin output.
Switch between black, gray and white background colors.
Fully resizable plugin window.
Includes presets from Major artists and Producers.
TAIP comes loaded with 135 presets created by friends of BABY Audio - including:
- Mark Needham (Fleetwood Mac, The Killers, Bloc Party, Elton John)
- Max Jaeger (Ariana Grande, Kanye West, Drake, Calvin Harris)
- Eestbound (Travis Scott, Young Thug, Jazz Cartier)
- Rob Kleiner (Sia, Britney Spears, David Guetta, Cee Lo)
- Cesar Sogbe (Prince, David Byrne, Jennifer Lopez)
Plugin Formats // Compatibility:
- VST, VST3, AU, AAX.
- Platforms supported: Mac OS 10.7 and up (including Native M1 Compatibility). PC Windows 7 and up.
- DAWs supported: All major DAWs, including Ableton Live, Pro Tools, Logic Pro, FL Studio, Cubase, Nuendo, Studio One, Bitwig, Reaper, Reason.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.