D16 - Antresol
D16 - Antresol
An iconic stompbox resurrected with exquisite attention to sonic detail and so much more!
Features far beyond the original - You get a wide range of parameters far beyond those you could find in common flanger-type effects.
True BBD emulation - An exceptionally accurate emulation of an impulse-controlled, solid-state analog delay line results in absolutely ideal sonic characteristics
Under the hood
In bringing the classic stomp box back to life, we’ve created a must-have effect plugin that will appeal not only to performing guitarists, but to instrumentalists and producers of virtually any genre: whether it’s rock guitar riffs or melodic synth lines you’re into, you’ll find that the extreme attention to sonic detail coupled with the flexibility afforded by modern technology in Antresol make it the perfect example of what a flanger should be in the modern era. The original, conceived in the mid-70s, quickly became a benchmark for flanger-type effects by offering a uniquely rich character defined by luxuriously harmonious interacting resonances, and has been heard ever since on countless classic recordings. That’s why D16 couldn’t resist the opportunity to resurrect the soul of this classic in a thoroughly modern incarnation with Antresol, our newest effect in the SilverLine Collection!
The key element around which Antresol is designed, an analog BBD integrated circuit, proved to offer some unique challenges for a digital emulation of this type. In particular, the feedback parameter showed some weaknesses in the form of improper shapes of emerging peaks and notches in the frequency response, forcing us back to the drawing board. After much R&D, our Eureka moment came in the form of a much-refined BBD emulation using quasi-analog signal representation toughout, guaranteeing behavior much more akin to the original, physical circuit. While a bit chaotic, it includes all the benefits and subtleties the analog domain can offer—unlike a deterministic, classically digital algorithm—and all this without any unwanted artifacts such as aliasing (something we always take great pains to minimize)… and all with the rock-solid stability only digital can offer!
- M/S Mode - Switch between L/R or M/S processing modes and use Channel X-Fade knob to shape stereo sound stage to you desire.
- Stereo LFO - Fully controllable LFO (with adjustable phase and rate sync to a host application’s tempo); the ability to delink the stereo channels and control the most important parameters independently for Left and Right (or Mid/Side, depending on selected mode).
- True BBD Emulation - An exceptionally accurate emulation of an impulse-controlled, solid-state analog delay line (a Bucket Brigade Device) is responsible for the impeccable sonic characteristics found in Antresol. Effects based on high-quality BBD emulations stand out with remarkable, even seductive warmth, and we have no doubt that the tremendous success of D16’s first foray into BBD delay line emulation, the chorus plugin Syntorus, has been directly attributable to this approach.
- Mistress mode - Enable Mistress mode and allow Antresol to take control over mixing and feedback get instant that distinctive sound, the same as the classic flanger.
- True emulation of BBD based analog delay line
- Several UI sizes and HiDPI support for better screen fit
- MIDI Learn for easy controller assignment
OS X Mac OS X 10.13 to macOS 13
Memory: 8 GB
CPU: Intel based 2.0 GHz (2.3 GHz recommended) Apple silicon
Plugins: VST-2, VST-3, AU, AAX
Windows Windows 7 or newer
Memory: 8 GB
CPU: 2.0 GHz SSE (Multicore 2.3 GHz recommended)
Plugins: VST-2, VST-3, AAX