D16 - Fazortan 2
D16 - Fazortan 2
True emulation of analog phase shifter
Have you ever wanted to replicate that unique, magical breeze floating through most of JMJ's tunes?
A '70s Classic, Resurrected
Brings you ever closer to the classic units' sonic character!
Modulate Me, Baby
Full control over both LFOs: Unchained from its stomp-box restrictions, Fazortan's LFOs have various tempo-synchable waveform modes.
Under the hood
Fazortan 2 is the newest incarnation of our Controllable Space Phaser, part of the SilverLine Collection. Needless to say, we didn't cut corners when striving for that robust, yearned-by-all analog feel. The Phase Shifter provides you with total control, allowing you to obtain highly precise sonic contours. If you’ve ever wondered what’s behind the swirling, ethereal synth vibes synonymous to Jean Michel Jarre's vintage sound, it has surprisingly less to do with the synths he chooses but in matching it with the analog phaser for which Fazortan 2 is a fine equivalent.
You can think of Fazortan 2 as an exact virtual replica of a ‘70s retro phaser, but whose identical sound and primary functions aren't limited to the analog realm. Bearing in mind that the original had a single Rate knob and a Color switch on the front panel, Fazortan 2 stands alone as a completely new device - made obvious no less by its GUI - expanding on the features of its hardware counterpart.
The best way to judge Fazortan 2 is to listen to it: you're welcome to check out our audio demos. We made every effort to ensure Fazortan would fulfill all the expectations one could have in an analog unit, plus a few tasty virtual extras. Guitarists, keyboardists and vintage synth aficionados will appreciate its adjustable emulation of a rotary speaker, and this coupled with its rich, lush sound, completes a satisfying signal chain. Of course, given its dense tweakability, it makes a fine FX module adaptable to any genre.
- LFO Sync option - Optional LFOs' tempo synchronization with phase alignement to host's cursor position
- Several LFO Waveforms - Unlike its hardware cousin, Fazortan 2’s LFOs have multiple waveform modes: triangular (like the original), sinusoidal, hyper-triangular, random and more
- Two independent and fully controllable LFOs - Using both LFOs simultaneously opens new dimensional soundscapes that hardware users could only dream of. Endless contour diversity catapults source material from sluggish, monotonous swings to gurgling scrumbles.
- True emulation of a classic analog all-pass phase shifter -Thanks to our advanced analog modelling techniques based on Operational Transconductance Amplifiers, we implemented allpass filters comprising characteristics identical to its analog counterpart. In this update, we're even closer to the original hardware unit.
- Phase shifter control:
- - The Number of Stages defines the number of slopes, so increasing it affects the placement of peaks and valleys.
- - The Feedback arameter alters the amplitude (distance) between these peaks and valleys. The more you tweak it, the more it diverts from soft pulses to rapid warbles and drilling insanity.
- - To visually display how it works, consider white noise as an input signal. Moving the feedback knob will start to morph it into oncoming 'sea waves' and cosmic wind.
- True emulation of a classic analog all-pass phase shifter
- Several UI sizes and HiDPI support for better screen fit
- MIDI Learn for easy controller assignment
OS X Mac OS X 10.13 to macOS 13
Memory: 8 GB
CPU: Intel based 2.0 GHz (2.5 GHz recommended) , Apple silicon
Plugins: VST-2, VST-3, AU, AAX
Windows Windows 7 or newer
Memory: 8 GB
CPU: 2.0 GHz SSE (Multicore 2.5 GHz recommended)
Plugins: VST-2, VST-3, AAX