ACE Audio Demos
ACE - The Modular Gateway.
ACE is compact yet powerful with a carefully selected suit of modules and semi-modular architecture making ACE easy to learn and quick to master. With the ability to connect any output into any input, ACE is a powerful synth with tools and features ready for beginner synth users, seasoned artists and professional sound designers alike.
Have You Patched In Yet?
ACE takes inspiration from hardware modular synthesizers - creating semi modular synth experience. ACE utilises a fixed architecture similar to synths such as the ARP 2600, Moog Grandmother and Korg MS-20, which means you get the advantages of easier learning curves and can start making sound immediately out-of-the-box.
ACE then allows you to override the default routing by patching cables providing you a sonic playground that is practically limitless in its sonic potential. Going further, ACE makes a point of not differentiating between audio signals and control signals. This means any of the outputs can be plugged into any of the signal inputs.
So hook things up, explore new ideas and crazy combinations, try LFOs as audio oscillators or a VCO as LFO, plug an LFO into a filter, then use the filter as an FM source for an oscillator, go further and see what direction ACE takes you.
...Sound experimentation awaits, limited only by your imagination and curiosity.
ACE Features At a Glance
- Semi-modular architecture (with default routing)
- Oscillators include pulse width modulation (PWM), sync, internal ring and cross modulation (FM)
- Polyphonic (up to 16 voices), duophonic or monophonic (retriggered or legato)
- Powerful glide options: constant rate or constant time, percentage range control, per-oscillator offset
- Up to 8 voice unison (stack) with +/−2 octave individual detuning
- 2 multimode analogue-style filters
- 2 ADSR envelopes with fall/rise, snap, singing option for authentic analogue-style voice triggering
- 2 LFOs with 0Hz to 20kHz frequency range (can be used as VCOs)
- 2 multiplex modules for signal mixing / crossfading, ring modulation, amplitude modulation etc.
- 1 syncable and loopable ramp generator
- Mixer with modulation inputs
- MIDI modulation and performance: wheels, velocity, pressure, key follow, gate, 2 user-definable MIDI CC
- Circuit bending options: slop, crosstalk, oscillator cap failure
- 3 effects: chorus/phaser (4 types), delay (7 fixed options), bass and treble controls
- Multichannel MIDI support
- Resizable UI from 70% to 200%
- Over 920 factory presets
- NEW in v1.4.2: Support for Oddsound MTS-ESP
Quickly find your ACE presets with the in-built preset management.
ACE comes brimmed with factory patches. Use the excellent patch management browser to save, collate, curate and locate your favourite sounds.
AUv2, VST2, VST3, 64-bit only temporarily no AAX (read more)
VST2, VST3, AAX* 32-/64-bit
ACE Synth Plugin System Requirements:
- 1GB RAM, more recommended
- 50MB free disk space
- 1000 × 600 or larger display
- Modern CPU required:
- Windows/Linux: Intel Nehalem or newer, AMD Bulldozer or newer
- Mac: Intel Nehalem or newer, Apple M1
- Linux: glibc version 2.28 or newer
*AAX is currently Windows Only
*AAX requires Pro Tools 10.3.7 or later