U-he - Colour Copy
U-he - Colour Copy
Colour Copy: a bucketful of delay
A virtual analog effect inspired by classic bucket-brigade delays (BBD), but extended with modern features. We called our new baby "Colour Copy" because it can deliver the kind of colouration people still love in classic BBD units, but with a wider variety of colours. Colour Copy started life as the little delay unit called "Lyrebird" we built into Repro-1, but the sound was too good not to be developed further and become an FX plug-in.
U-He Colour Copy is a virtual effect plug-in that is designed to add depth and character to a mix with a wide range of delay and echo effects. It is a popular choice among music producers and audio engineers and is known for its high-quality sound and flexible controls.
Colour Copy includes a range of delay and echo effects, ranging from classic tape and analog delays to more experimental and unconventional sounds. It also includes a range of features for shaping and manipulating the sound of the delays, such as filters, modulation, and tempo-sync.
Colour Copy Features At a Glance.
- BBD-style analog delay, for the smoothest possible pitch effects
- unique colour morphing, with saturationfor non-linear effects such as distortion / resonance
- 1ms to 1s or host-synched time base, scaled via rate control from 25% to 400%
- dynamic ducking via envelope follower
- LFO (with dynamic frequency and depth) can modulate rate, tap position or amplitude.
- MIDI note tracking and Freeze button (infinite loop) for wildest experimental effects
- powerful preset browser with tag and/or text search functions
- independent input and feedback routing options allow all possible stereo or mono combinations
- 100 factory presets, NKS-compatible
- UI instantly resizable from 70% to 200%
- custom remote control via MIDI CC, 14-bit resolution option
- NEW in v1.0.1: Support for Oddsound MTS-ESP
Quickly find your Colour Copy presets with the in-built preset management.
Plugin available in the VST2, VST3, Audio Unit (AU) and AAX* plug-in formats and is an M1 compatible synth plugin.
AUv2, VST2, VST3, 64-bit only
temporarily no AAX (read more)
VST2, VST3, AAX*
Plugin System Requirements:
- Host Digital Audio Workstation (DAW)
- 1GB RAM, more recommended
- 50MB free disk space
- 1000 × 600 or larger display
- Modern CPU required:
- Windows/Linux: Intel Nehalem or newer, AMD Bulldozer or newer
- Mac: Intel Nehalem or newer, Apple M1