GForce’s M-Tron Pro explores the legendary Mellotron M400, the tape-based keyboard heard on recordings by such artists as The Beatles, Led Zeppelin, Radiohead, Oasis, Trent Reznor, Trentemøller, AIR and Nils Frahm amongst many others.
M-Tron Pro contains a huge 3.5GB sound library with over 200 tape banks included, 19 of which underwent remastering at the acclaimed Abbey Road Studios. For Mellotron sound with digital ease, GForce’s M-Tron Pro provides an authenticity and flexibility that meets every ‘Tron need.
M-TRON PRO FEATURES
Quickly access the extensive library of Patches (700+), including many created by world-class recording artists and Patch designers.
PUT LEGENDARY MELLOTRON SOUNDS INTO YOUR STUDIO!
From the flutes on the legendary introduction to The Beatles’ “Strawberry Fields Forever” to tracks from The Moody Blues, David Bowie, and The Rolling Stones to the modern sounds of The Flaming Lips, Nine Inch Nails, Modest Mouse, Muse, U2, Sigur Ros, and more, there’s no question that the sound of the Mellotron is a deep part of music history. Now, you can experience that tape-based playback sonic experience for yourself — and with 100%-digital convenience – with M-Tron Pro.
In addition to its 200 tape banks, M-Tron Pro boasts more than 700+ patches, many custom-designed by world-class recording artists and programmers, so you have instant access to a diverse sonic palette.
CRAFT HYBRID PATCHES AND PERFORM
M-Tron Pro offers up to 35 notes, each individually sampled. It also supports dual-layer and split-keyboard operation in addition to MIDI Learn. All of this functionality adds up to a wealth of control over its 29 parameters per layer, including ensemble and delay effects; lowpass, bandpass, and highpass filters; and tape-based effects, such as reverse and half speed. All the control you need to craft your own dual-layer hybrid patches. What’s more, M-Tron Pro can operate standalone, so it’s easy to quickly load it up on your laptop and perform with a MIDI controller onstage.
While the M-Tron Pro comes with a vast library of tapes and presets, we also offer Expansion Packs available for purchase separately. They include original sounds from the Chamberlin, the Optigan, the Orchestron and some of the rarest Mellotron® sounds ever recorded. The Streetly Expansion Packs come from the original master tapes that have been painstakingly recorded note by note, carefully curated then meticulously edited to fit in your next composition. Streetly Electronics has direct lineage to those early 1960s instruments guaranteeing authenticity.
M-Tron Pro is also available as part of the “M-Tron Pro – Complete” bundle that includes the instrument and all the Expansion Packs. That is a superb 11.3GB sound library with 450+ tape banks and 1700+ presets.
M-Tron Pro is a virtual instrument in the following formats:
- Standalone Application
The Minimum System Requirements are as follows:
- Intel Mac
- Apple Silicon Mac (via Rosetta2)
- macOS 10.12 or above
Nearly 200 total tape banks (sample sets) plus:
- 700+ patches including many curated by world-class recording artists and programmers
- Over 3.5GB of factory samples, with a huge range of Expansion Packs giving up to 11.3GB in total
- Preserves the 8 second tape length, with carefully selected tape banks, such as the rhythms, looped
- Up to 35 notes, each individually sampled
- 4 interface sizes in 3 designs, Original, Wood and Clear
- Dual layer and split keyboard operation
- Programmable MIDI CC response via MIDI Learn
- 29 parameters per layer including synth parameters
- Vintage-style ensemble and delay effects
- Low-pass, band-pass and high-pass resonant filter section
- Tape Reverse
- Tape half-speed
- Dynamic keyboard control, including filter aftertouch
- The Brake – provides the ability to slow the tape playback speed for fabulous pitch-shift effects
- Tape banks
LAUNCHED IN 1963, THE MELLOTRON® WAS ONE OF THE FIRST EVER SAMPLE-BASED KEYBOARDS. USED BY THE LIKES OF THE BEATLES, BOWIE AND, LATER, OASIS, IT EMULATED CHOIRS AND ORCHESTRAL INSTRUMENTS.
Launched in 2001, the original M-Tron was modelled on the legendary Mellotron®. M-Tron captures the character of the original British instrument by sampling every note of every key and sticking to the original eight second limit. In this way, the nostalgic magic of each sound is authentically replicated – minor perfections and all.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.