A Simple Monophonic Synth With A Big Sound
When Tom Oberheim created the first Oberheim® Synthesizer Expander Module (model SEM-1) in 1974, he had one goal – to make a synth that sounded great, whilst being extremely simple to use. In the decades since the release of this iconic synth, it’s been used by countless legendary musicians, making the SEM one of the most revered synthesizers of all time.
As well as painstakingly recreating the huge, unmistakable sound of the SEM, the GForce Oberheim SEM plugin also recreates the ethos of the original – a simple monophonic synth that allows you to shape incredible sounds in an instant. And with Tom Oberheim’s seal of approval, you can be confident in its authenticity. Add to this more than 400+ categorised patches, and inspiration is just moments away.
Simple Never Sounded So Good
The beauty of the SEM truly lies in its simplicity. With a refined design and feature set, you can easily create warm basses, soaring leads and sweeping arps in an instant. This allows you to spend less time shaping your sounds, and more time making music.
Enhanced Where It Hits
While staying true to the original SEM, we also added a number of enhancements to make the GForce Oberheim SEM even more useful for modern music production.
Alongside a new VCO3, which doubles as an LFO with audio rate for additional modulation and FM possibilities, the SEM now has tempo-syncable LFOs with multiple wave shapes, and a host of performance controls via velocity and aftertouch.
We’ve also integrated a fun, fast arpeggiator & sequencer, and added a stereo delay and a beautifully lush reverb to sonically compliment your sounds.
There's 400+ included factory patches designed by top sound designers, each created to demonstrate the incredible sonic character of the SEM. Every patch has been categorised and is quickly accessible from the patch browser (arrow navigation friendly). The SEM even integrates with the GForce Oberheim OB-E, allowing users to load their SEM presets in either device. This enables you to quickly sketch out your sounds in the SEM, and then make them polyphonic in an instant.
Oberheim SEM Plugin Features:
- Truly authentic monophonic SEM experience and sound – small package, big sound!
- The most playable SEM, full of character, and augmented with a 3rd VCO
- 400+ factory Patches designed to fit in a mix.
- Librarian for easy access to the presets
- Sequencer, Arpeggiator, Stereo Delay, Reverb
- Undo/Redo, Extended and Flip mode
- SEM presets can be exported to and imported from OB-E
- Extensive Velocity & Aftertouch modulation
The Gforce SEM Plugin comes in in AU, VST, VST3, AAX, and Standalone formats.
- Intel or M1 Mac
- macOS 10.13 or above
- 100MB of disk space
- Windows 7 or above (including Windows 11), 64-bit required.
- 2Ghz Quad-core computer
- 2GB of RAM.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.