To take things beyond the hardware that inspired it and give you even more creative flexibility, we’ve created a deluxe version of the Devil-Loc plug-in, Devil-Loc Deluxe. The Deluxe version adds a “Darkness” control for tone, switchable slow or fast release times and a mix knob so you can mix your dry signal back in right on the front panel.
The addition of these controls opens up the sonic palette immensely. Dark thundering drums, to driven lo-fi loops, and more, and the mix control saves all that tedious routing and lets you automate mix to keep the Devil from taking over the soul of your tracks. This time, evil is good.
A Bit of History
The original Shure Level-Loc from the 1960s was a brick wall limiter designed to be used in public address systems. Its extreme compression and gritty sound eventually became a secret weapon of some well-known and very creative engineers and producers.
It’s an extreme effect, and can create huge sounds with drums and room mics, and in small amounts can add sizzle to things like vocals or acoustic guitar.
Devil-Loc Deluxe also includes Devil-Loc. It may be little with just two knobs but it is one seriously big sound. If you already own it, check your account for upgrades to the Deluxe version.
Extreme compression effect creates huge drum sounds like nothing else
Mix knob allows you to dial in just the right amount of grit and ambiance
Darkness control lets you shape the tone and roll off crunchy highs for a warmer sound
Selectable fast and slow release times for added variety and control
“HOLY CRAP!!! JUST PUT IT ON THE MIX BUS AND IT WAS FREAKING AWESOME!!!” – Joe Barresi – Melvins, Tool, Weezer, L7
“Devil-Loc is the most fun, useful and inspiring audio destruction plug-in I’ve come across since Decapitator came out. Totally addictive.” – Fabrice “Fab” Dupont – Jennifer Lopez, Santigold, Brazilian Girls, Sean Lennon
Current Version: 5.3.9
Plug-in Formats (64-bit only):
- AAX Native, AAX AudioSuite, VST 2, VST 3, and Audio Units (AU)
Supported Sample Rates:
- Minimum: 44.1 kHz, Maximum: 192 kHz
- Apple Silicon M1 Compatibility Info
- Operating systems: Mac OS X 10.12 or later; Windows 7 or later.
- An internet connection is required at the time of activation.
- Pro Tools (11 or later), Live, Cubase, Nuendo, Logic, Studio One, Reaper, Bitwig
- Click here to view our full list of compatible host applications.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.